Whether you’re a mechanic, auto electrician or motor vehicle detailer, Our Motor Trade Insurance has the covers to protect your business.
Most popular types of cover for Motor Trades
Choosing the right covers for your business can be complicated. To help you with making these important decisions, we have provided you with the cover that most business like yours choose:
- Fire and Defined Events. Our Fire and Other Defined Events cover can protect you against loss or damage to your business tools, equipment, contents, stock or a building in the event of a fire, lighting, explosion, earthquake, impact including falling trees, malicious damage and storm damage at the business premises
- Burglary. Covers you from an unknown person(s) breaking into your premises or the premises you are renting and steals your business stock, contents or equipment
- Glass. Covers breakage to shop front windows, glass shelving or display cabinets, sign writing and advertising signs
- Public and Products Liability . Covers claims against you for negligent acts in connection with your business that results in personal injury or property damage
- Money. Covers money being stolen from your premises
Other cover options that can be added to your Insurance package
- Business Interruption. Covers the loss of profits after your business suffers damage due to an insured event, such as a fire or storm and the business is closed for the process of rebuilding or repairing the damage. If you are no longer able to trade because of this disaster, you can continue to receive a cash flow to help ensure your business returns to its normal operation.
- Machinery. Covers breakdown of cash registers, cool rooms, display fridges or air conditioners.
- General Property. Cover provides you with protection for loss or damage or burglary of property such as tools, when you take them with you on the road or at the work site.
- Fraud and Dishonesty. Provides cover for you against loss of money caused by any fraudulent or dishonest act or omission by an Employee with the clear intent of making improper personal financial gain.
- Electronic Equipment. Covers you for breakdown of office equipment such as computers, printers, fax machine and phone equipment.
- Motor Vehicles. Covers you for business motor vehicles and mobile plant used to operate your business.
- Tax Audit. Provides you cover for the cost of professional fees resulting from an audit or investigation which relates to you paying a tax.
- Multiple Risks. Covers you for accidental loss or damage to specified items of property anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.
- Composite Motor. Cover can provide protection for your vehicles and your customer’s vehicles whilst at and away from the premises
Please read our Home Key Facts Sheets (KFSs) which set out some of the events/risks covered and not covered by our domestic homes listed in Business Insurance policies and other information you should consider. These sheets do not provide a complete statement of the cover offered, exclusions, conditions and limits that apply under the policies. You should carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and all policy documentation for more details.