This information is state specific

Cover your home inside and out

Cover your home inside and out with our Buildings and Contents combined insurance. We provide new for old replacement of your household contents and personal belongings, and we'll rebuild or repair your home if it's damaged or destroyed. Plus, we have a lifetime guarantee for any authorised repair work on your home.

It’s easy to manage and comes with loads of features as standard, plus optional cover like valuables and accidental damage cover to choose from.

What events are covered?

  • Storm
  • Flood*
  • Water and oil leaks
  • Earthquake
  • Lightning
  • Fire
  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Vandalism or a malicious act

What contents are covered?

  • Furniture, furnishings, carpets and rugs
  • Electrical items 
  • Home theatre equipment 
  • Clothes and shoes
  • Bedding, towels and other manchester
  • Toys and sporting equipment
  • Handyman tools 
  • Gardening equipment 

See more in the Comparison table

*Damage caused by the sea is not covered (except tsunamis as a result of earthquake). If your property has been identified by NRMA Insurance as prone to flooding, you can choose to remove flood cover from your policy to reduce your premium.


Calculate the current value of your home buildings and contents

Home Buildings Value Calculator

Home Contents Value Calculator


Optional cover

You can add options to your policy to increase your Home Buildings and Contents Insurance cover.

  • Portable Contents cover for items you take when you leave your home, e.g. jewellery, a laptop or luggage
  • Fusion - burn out of electric motors that are part of your home and contents, e.g. ducted air conditioning - includes service call, parts and labour costs
  • Accidental Damage to your home and contents
  • Pet lover's pack covers up to $2,000 for vet costs if your cat or dog gets hurt in an accident


Highest level of cover 

NRMA Home Plus Insurance provides all the features and benefits of our standard Home Buildings and Home Contents Insurance, with additional cover to give you peace of mind.

Home Plus offers the following cover:

  • Up to 25% safety net on top of the buildings sum insured for extra costs to rebuild your home if you need it
  • Up to 25% safety net on top of the general contents sum insured for extra costs to replace your contents if you need it
  • Automatic cover for accidental damage and burn out of electric motors (fusion)
  • Plants, trees and shrubs up to 2,000
  • Identity theft up to $5,000
  • Credit card theft up to $5,000
  • Temporary accommodation for up to 2 years

To choose Home Plus simply complete a standard Home Insurance quote and then select the 'Upgrade to Plus cover' option.


Important documents

Download the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and policy booklet

Download the Premium Excess and Discount Guide (PED)


Please read our Home Key Facts Sheets (KFSs) which set out some of the events/risks covered and not covered by our home policies and other information you should consider. These sheets do not provide a complete statement of the cover offered, exclusions, conditions and limits that apply under the policies. You should carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and all policy documentation for more details.