Cover for your buildings
Home Buildings Insurance covers your home as well as other structures on your property such as garages, sheds, fences and in-ground pools. For example, if your home was damaged by fire or storm, your building policy would cover the cost to rebuild or repair.
- Water and oil leaks
- Theft or attempted theft
- Vandalism or a malicious act
See more in the comparison table
*Damage caused by the sea is not covered (except tsunamis as a result of earthquake). If your property has been identified by SGIC Insurance as prone to flooding, you can choose to remove flood cover from your policy to reduce your premium.
Calculate the current cost to rebuild your home
You can add options to your policy to increase your Home Buildings Insurance cover.
- Fusion - burn out of electric motors that are part of your home, e.g. ducted air conditioning - includes service call, parts and labour costs
- Accidental Damage to your home
- Pet lover's pack covers up to $2,000 for vet costs if your cat or dog gets hurt in an accident
Home Plus, our highest level of cover
SGIC Home Plus Insurance provides all the features and benefits of our standard Home Buildings Insurance, with additional cover to give you peace of mind.
Home Plus offers the following cover:
- Up to 25% safety net on top of the buildings sum insured for extra costs to rebuild your home if you need it
- Automatic cover for accidental damage and burn out of electric motors (fusion)
- Plants, trees and shrubs up to $2,000
- Temporary accommodation for up to 2 years
To choose Home Plus simply complete a standard Home Insurance quote and then select the 'Upgrade to Plus cover' option.
Please read our Home Key Facts Sheets (KFSs) which set out some of the events/risks covered and not covered by our home policies and other information you should consider. These sheets do not provide a complete statement of the cover offered, exclusions, conditions and limits that apply under the policies. You should carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and all policy documentation for more details.