Handyman Insurance with the right coverage
As a master of all trades you're exposed to a wide range of occupational risks on a daily basis, from working up ladders and heavy lifting to accidently causing damage to a client’s property.
Regardless of whether you're a sole trader or contractor, getting the right handyman insurance is key to helping you gain peace of mind and financial security against accidents – no matter how big or small. Plus if you buy online you can save up to $75
Need a certificate of your current policy?
If you need to prove you hold an existing NRMA Business Insurance policy, you can request a Certificate of Currency.
If you would like a copy of your policy, you can request a Certificate of Insurance.
If you require we can provide you with a Tax invoice.
Most popular types of cover
Choosing the right cover for your business can be complicated. To help you with making these important decisions, we have provided you with the coverage that most businesses like yours choose:
- Public Liability. Handyman work involves working in and around a client’s property and belongings. Financially protect yourself against property damage, injury or death that you cause to third parties
- Product Liability. As a handyman you may be liable for faulty installation or defective workmanship on a repair job. Protect yourself financially against anyone that is injured by your finished work
- Personal Accident and Illness. Being a handyman is a physical job and work related injuries are common. Protect your family and business if you suffer an injury or illness that prevents you from earning
- Fire and Defined Events. As a handyman your tools and equipment are an essential part of getting the job done well. So make sure you can afford to replace them by covering them for loss or damage
- Burglary. Covers you from an unknown person(s) breaking into your premises, or the premises you are renting, and stealing your business stock, contents or equipment
- Motor Vehicles. Covers you for business motor vehicles and mobile plant used to operate your business
- Money. Covers money being stolen from your premises
- Multiple Risks. Covers you for accidental loss or damage to specified items of property anywhere in Australia or New Zealand
- Tax Audit. Provides you cover for the cost of professional fees resulting from an audit or investigation which relates to you paying a tax
- Fraud and Dishonesty. Provides cover for you against loss of money caused by any fraudulent or dishonest act or omission by an Employee with the clear intent of making improper personal financial gain
- Electronic Equipment. Covers you for breakdown of office equipment such as computers, printers, fax machine and phone equipment
- Machinery. Covers breakdown of cash registers, cool rooms, display fridges or air conditioners
- Glass. Covers breakage to shop front windows, glass shelving or display cabinets, sign writing and advertising signs
- Business Interruption. Covers the loss of profits after your business suffers damage due to an insured event, such as a fire or storm and the business is closed for the process of rebuilding or repairing the damage. If you are no longer able to trade because of this event, you can continue to receive a cash flow to help ensure your business returns to its normal operation
Why does a handyman need insurance?
The varied nature of handyman work means that you're exposed to a wide range of risks and hazards.
Just think about the work you do that involves:
- Power tools and equipment
- Hazardous substances
- Heavy lifting and moving stuff around
- Working in other people’s property
Handymen are increasingly being asked to provide proof of Public Liability Insurance by various organisations such as property managers and real estate agents. Not having the right cover could mean you lose out on business.
How can Handyman Insurance benefit your business?
As a handyman you know you have all the right tools to do the job – so make sure you have the right level of Handyman Insurance cover you need to help safeguard the financial future of your business.
- If an injury or illness forced you to stop working, would you still be able to cover the bills? We'll replace your income with a weekly benefit if you're unable to work due to injury or illness
- Gain financial support to help replace any tools and equipment that have been lost, stolen or damaged
- Protect yourself against any liability claims that you face as a result of property damage or personal injury to another person caused by you or an employee
- Cover for commercial vehicles against theft, fire or accidental damage
- Protection for your business against fraudulent, dishonest acts or omissions by an employee
- Cover the loss of business profits you may suffer from a disruption due to an insured event like a storm or fire
Including your home in your Business Insurance?
Our Home Key Facts Sheet (KFS) sets out some of the events/risks covered and not covered by our domestic homes listed in Business Insurance policies and other information you should consider. These sheets do not provide a complete statement of the cover offered, exclusions, conditions and limits that apply under the policies. You should carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and all policy documentation for more details.