Lawn Mowing Insurance
Protect your lawn mowing business with the right insurance
Lawn mowing might be thought of as a low risk occupation, but you know better than anyone the risks you face as a result of working outside with electrical equipment such as trimmers, chainsaws and lawn mowers, hazardous chemicals such as weed killer and exposure to the elements.
You’ll know that your experience and the quality of your work doesn’t protect your business against accidents like rocks flicking up and breaking a customers window, injury and unexpected events such as theft, fire or storms.
Regardless of whether you're a sole trader or contractor, getting the right insurance is key to helping with peace of mind and financial security against accidents – no matter how big or small. Plus if you buy online you can save up to $100.
Need a certificate of your current policy?
If you need to prove you hold an existing NRMA Business Insurance policy, you can request a Certificate of Currency.
If you would like a copy of your policy, you can request a Certificate of Insurance.
If you require we can provide you with a Tax invoice.
Most popular types of cover
Choosing the right cover for your business can be complicated. To help you with making these important decisions, we have provided you with the coverage that most businesses like yours choose:
- Public and Products Liability: Cover claims against you for negligent acts that can be connected with your business and result in personal injury or property damage
- General Property: Cover your equipment and tools of the trade against loss, damage or theft
- Personal Accident and Illness: When mowing lawns, you're exposed to a range of unique risks. Protect your business and family against personal accidents with sharp tools, machinery and chemicals that leaves you unable to work
- Fire and Defined Events: Your lawn mowing tools, equipment and stock can be covered against loss or damage caused by fire, malicious damage, storms, lightening and earthquakes.
- Burglary: Covers you from an unknown person(s) breaking into your premises, or the premises you are renting, and stealing your business stock, contents or equipment
- Motor Vehicles: Covers you for business motor vehicles and mobile plant used to operate your business
- Burglary: Covers you from an unknown person(s) breaking into your premises or the premises you are renting and stealing your business stock, contents or equipment
- Money: Covers money being stolen from your premises
- Multiple Risks: Covers you for accidental loss or damage to specified items of property anywhere in Australia or New Zealand
- Tax Audit: Provides you cover for the cost of professional fees resulting from an audit or investigation which relates to you paying a tax
- Fraud and Dishonesty: Provides cover for you against loss of money caused by any fraudulent or dishonest act or omission by an Employee with the clear intent of making improper personal financial gain
- Electronic Equipment: Covers you for breakdown of office equipment such as computers, printers, fax machine and phone equipment
- Machinery: Covers breakdown of cash registers, cool rooms, display fridges or air conditioners
- Glass: Covers breakage to shop front windows, glass shelving or display cabinets, sign writing and advertising signs
- Business Interruption: Covers the loss of profits after your business suffers damage due to an insured event, such as a fire or storm and the business is closed for the process of rebuilding or repairing the damage. If you are no longer able to trade because of this event, you can continue to receive a cash flow to help ensure your business returns to its normal operation
Why do you need insurance for your lawn mowing business?
Protecting yourself with the right level of cover can help to ensure that your lawn mowing business isn’t out of pocket if something goes wrong. Think about your exposure to:
- Working with heavy and sharp machinery
- Handling hazardous substances such as weed killer
- Theft or damage to your commercial vehicles or trailer
- Manual and physically demanding work
- Exposure to the outdoor elements
- Working closely with other people’s property and belongings
Our insurance for lawn mowing businesses can help to safeguard your livelihood by providing you with cover against the wide range of risks you face, helping to ensure that you won’t be left out of pocket if something goes wrong.
How can insurance benefit your lawn mowing business?
You know you have all the tools and equipment to do the job – so make sure you have all the right insurance cover you need to help safeguard the financial future of your business.
- Replace your income with a weekly benefit if you're unable to work due to injury or illness. This can provide cover for the self-employed where there is no access to sick leave
- The right cover can help you to quickly replace any tools or equipment that has been lost, stolen or damaged
- Cover yourself against liability if your work activities result in property damage or personal injury to another person
- Your business relies on you being able to get from A to B. Cover your commercial vehicles against theft, fire or accidental damage helps to keep you on the move
- Cover the loss of business profits you may suffer from a disruption due to an insured event like a storm or fire
Including your home in your Business Insurance?
Things you should know
Our Home Key Facts Sheet (KFS) sets out some of the events/risks covered and not covered by our domestic homes listed in Business Insurance policies and other information you should consider. These sheets do not provide a complete statement of the cover offered, exclusions, conditions and limits that apply under the policies. You should carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and all policy documentation for more details.