What's Plumbers Insurance?
Whether you're working on a private property or as a plumber on a construction site, you'll be all too aware of the accidents that can happen.
As a plumber you know just how easily damage can be caused to a home or commercial property – and it’s important to remember that your business is no different.
Having the right insurance can provide you with cover against the wide range of risks you face as a professional plumber. Plus if you buy online you can save up to $100
Need a certificate of your current policy?
If you need to prove you hold an existing NRMA Business Insurance policy, you can request a Certificate of Currency.
If you would like a copy of your policy, you can request a Certificate of Insurance.
If you require we can provide you with a Tax invoice.
Most popular types of cover
Choosing the right cover for your business can be complicated. To help you with making these important decisions, we have provided you with the coverage that most businesses like yours choose:
- Public and Products Liability. Protect yourself against claims from members of the public for injury or damage to property caused by your business
- General Property. As a professional plumber your tools are a vital part of your livelihood, and replacements can be costly. Cover your plumbing tools, business property and equipment against loss, damage or theft
- Personal Accident and Illness. Protect your income if you suffer an injury or illness that prevents you from working
- Fire and Defined Events. Cover your tools of the trade, equipment, stock and business premises against loss or damage in the event of a fire, lightening, malicious damage, earthquakes and storm damage
- Burglary. Covers you from an unknown person(s) breaking into your premises, or the premises you are renting, and stealing your business stock, contents or equipment
- Motor Vehicles. Covers you for business motor vehicles and mobile plant used to operate your business
- Burglary. Covers you from an unknown person(s) breaking into your premises or the premises you are renting and stealing your business stock, contents or equipment
- Money. Covers money being stolen from your premises
- Multiple Risks. Covers you for accidental loss or damage to specified items of property anywhere in Australia or New Zealand
- Tax Audit. Provides you cover for the cost of professional fees resulting from an audit or investigation which relates to you paying a tax
- Fraud and Dishonesty. Provides cover for you against loss of money caused by any fraudulent or dishonest act or omission by an Employee with the clear intent of making improper personal financial gain
- Electronic Equipment. Covers you for breakdown of office equipment such as computers, printers, fax machine and phone equipment
- Machinery. Covers breakdown of cash registers, cool rooms, display fridges or air conditioners
- Glass. Covers breakage to shop front windows, glass shelving or display cabinets, sign writing and advertising signs
- Business Interruption. Covers the loss of profits after your business suffers damage due to an insured event, such as a fire or storm and the business is closed for the process of rebuilding or repairing the damage. If you are no longer able to trade because of this event, you can continue to receive a cash flow to help ensure your business returns to its normal operation
Why do plumbers need insurance?
Apart from insurance being a licence requirement, as a plumber you're likely to be carrying out a wide range of jobs that can expose you to a range of risks that outweigh many other businesses and occupations.
Think about your exposure to:
- Hazardous substances
- Biohazards and sewage
- Awkward manual tasks
- Increased risk of slips and falls on wet surfaces
- Water damage, flooding and loss of water supplies
All of these risks can result in personal or employee injury and large claims against your business.
Our tailored cover can help to protect you against the wide range of risks your business faces and can ensure you won’t be left out of pocket if something goes wrong.
How can Plumbing Insurance benefit your business?
As a plumber you do a lot to keep yourself safe at work, so don’t forget to protect your business too.
There are a wide range of benefits associated with taking out insurance for your plumbing business that include:
- Income protection if you're unable to work due to injury or illness
- Quick replacement of your plumbing tools that have been lost, stolen or damaged
- Financial protection if your work activities result in property damage or personal injury to another person
- Cover for commercial vehicles against theft, fire or accidental damage
- Protection for your business against fraudulent, dishonest acts or omissions by an employee
- Cover the loss of business profits you may suffer from a disruption due to an insured event like a storm or fire
Protect your plumbing tools
Out of all the trades, plumbers are often the ones with an extensive set of tools. From your pipe cutters and wrenches to pump pliers – over the years your toolkit is likely to add up to a significant cost.
Our tailored policies help to protect your tools against the following:
- Malicious and accidental damage
Including your home in your Business Insurance?
Our Home Key Facts Sheet (KFS) sets out some of the events/risks covered and not covered by our domestic homes listed in Business Insurance policies and other information you should consider. These sheets do not provide a complete statement of the cover offered, exclusions, conditions and limits that apply under the policies. You should carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and all policy documentation for more details.