Emergency bushfire support

If you’ve been affected by the bushfires and need urgent help, call us on 131 123

We're here to help

We understand you might need emergency support if you’ve been affected by the bushfires. That’s why we can help with things like financial support and emergency accommodation for our customers recovering from bushfire damage.

Talk to us

Depending on your policy, there are different kinds of emergency support we can offer. Call us anytime on 131 123 to make a claim and talk to us about the help you need.

Temporary accommodation

If your home is covered and you can’t live in it because of bushfire damage, we can arrange temporary accommodation for up to one year so you, your family and pets have somewhere safe to stay.

Financial assistance for essentials

If your home can't be lived in and we've arranged temporary accommodation for you, we understand you might need everyday things like clothes and food too. Talk to us about emergency financial support to help you get those essentials.


If you need someone to talk to, we can arrange confidential counselling for you and your family.

Help in bushfire affected areas

We have assessors and builders on the ground in areas damaged by the bushfires so assessments and repairs can start as quickly as possible.

We have teams available to help customers in recovery centres across NSW, including Ulladulla, Batemans Bay and Narooma.

To support customers who’ve been evacuated from Mallacoota, we’ve also set up a recovery centre at Melbourne Convention Exhibition Centre.

We’ve sent Major Event Rapid Response Vehicles (MERRVs) to locations around the NSW South Coast so people can start their claims and receive emergency support in a place that’s easy to get to.

If you’re in a bushfire affected area and you want to know more about recovery centres or MERRVs near you, call us on 131 123.