Renter's Contents Insurance
Renting? Consider our Home Contents Insurance
Have you considered how much it would cost to replace all the contents in your home if they were destroyed by fire? TV, fridge, washing machine, computer, clothing, whitegoods, furniture... purchases can quickly add up to a significant amount of money.
NRMA Insurance offers renters new for old replacement on insured contents, potentially saving you thousands of dollars when disaster strikes*.
Calculate the current value of your contents
You can add options to your policy to increase your Home Contents Insurance cover.
- Portable Contents cover for items you take when you leave your home, e.g. jewellery, a laptop or luggage
- Fusion - burn out of electric motors that are part of your General Contents, e.g. the motor in your fridge - includes service call, parts and labour costs
- Accidental Damage to your contents
- Pet lover's pack covers up to $2,000 for vet costs if your cat or dog gets hurt in an accident
Home Plus, our highest level of cover
NRMA Home Plus Insurance provides all the features and benefits of our Home Contents Insurance, with additional cover to give you peace of mind.
Home Plus offers the following cover:
- Up to 25% safety net on top of the general contents sum insured for extra costs to replace your contents if you need it
- Automatic cover for accidental damage and burn out of electric motors (fusion)
- Identity theft up to $5,000
- Credit card theft up to $5,000
- Temporary accommodation for up to 2 years
To choose Home Plus simply complete a standard Home Insurance quote and then select the 'Upgrade to Plus cover' option.
Please read our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for detailed coverage information about your insurance policy. The Premium, Excess and Discounts Guide (PED) provides further details on how we calculate your premium, excess levels and discounts. The Key Fact Sheets (KFS) provide a summary of coverage and should be read together with the PDS for a full understanding of policy coverage and limits. To learn more about these documents and when they apply, please see our policy booklets page
* Safety net applies to the extra costs to replace your general contents above the sum insured, if required.
Why choose NRMA Insurance?
- New for old replacement on contents insured
- Flexible excess levels to help reduce your premium
- Fast, paperless claims and 24/7 Helpline
- Experience – we've been insuring Australians for over 90 years
- With the Loyalty Discount, the more eligible policies you have and the longer you stay with us, the more you can save
- No Claim Bonus - receive up to 25% No Claim Bonus if you have a good claims history
Flooding can cause major damage to your contents, see more about our cover
NSW Emergency Services Levy (ESL)
The NSW Government announced it's delaying changes to the ESL. With changes now on hold, we've reintroduced ESL on insurance policies.