If our customer service consultant cannot resolve your complaint straight away or within 5 business days, they will escalate your complaint to the IDR team. You may also contact our IDR team directly on:
Phone: 1300 795 877
Post: GPO Box 5380, Sydney, NSW, 2001
To help us deal with your complaint quickly, please include the following information when you contact us:
- The word ‘Complaint’ in the heading or subject line
- Your name and contact details, including your daytime phone number and email address
- Details of your complaint
- Copies of any relevant documents
- Your desired outcome.
We recommend keeping a copy of your complaint and original documents for your records.
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing within 48 hours, confirming:
- Your unique IDR complaints reference number
- The date we received your complaint
- Confirmation that you will be provided with an update on the progress of your complaint at least every 20 business days, unless an alternative arrangement has been made with you.
- The timeframe in which we’ll aim to resolve your complaint. Depending on the type of insurance you have with us, this will be a maximum of 45 or 90 days.
We always aim to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. If we are unable to resolve your complaint within the maximum period, we will inform you of the reasons for the delay and let you know when we expect to provide a response to your complaint. If you are unhappy with the delay, you can escalate your complaint to an external organisation as outlined in Step 3 below.
In our final response to your complaint, we will provide a written explanation of:
- Our investigation into your complaint
- Our attempts to resolve your complaint
- The reasons for our decision
- How you can access any documents considered in the decision
- How you can escalate the complaint to an external organisation (and their contact details) if your complaint has not been resolved to your complete satisfaction (as outlined in step Step 3).