NRMA Insurance has unveiled a new campaign that celebrates everyday Australian moments of help in its second piece of work created in partnership with The Monkeys.
The campaign’s 60-second film shows the innate willingness of all Australians to help, told against the musical backdrop of the iconic Hunters and Collector’s song ‘Throw Your Arms Around Me’ re-recorded by singer-songwriter Ayla.
The film captures the essence of the new brand positioning ‘Help is who we are’, which celebrates the everyday Australians who pitch in and help each other. The campaign recognises the role NRMA Insurance and its partners such as the State Emergency Services play in helping Australians recover after a major weather event.
IAG Chief Marketing Officer, Brent Smart said the campaign signals a return to the brand’s iconic heritage as a beacon of help, and showcases its longstanding commitment to helping Australians.
“For almost 100 years, NRMA Insurance has been by our customers’ side helping them get back on their feet when things go wrong. This campaign celebrates our brand roots and sets the tone for the type of human storytelling we are returning to,” said Mr Smart.
“Australians have always helped each other, it’s who we are. We want to pay tribute to our brand history and show how powerful the Australian spirit of help can be in the face of adversity.”
The Monkeys Co-founder and Group Chief Creative Officer, Scott Nowell said, “While Aussies like to think of themselves as tough characters, this campaign celebrates our commitment to helping each other. From tiny moments to major events, we are recognising the role that help – and NRMA Insurance – has played in defining our national identity.”
The film was directed by TWiN at The Sweetshop and consists of 90, 60 and 15-sec spots. The campaign goes live on Friday 16 March across out of home, broadcast, cinema, customer and social media channels. The film can be viewed on the NRMA Insurance YouTube channel.
- Brand: NRMA Insurance
- Chief Marketing Officer: Brent Smart
- NRMA Marketing Director: Sally Kiernan
- Creative Lead: Elizabeth Stokes
- Marketing Lead: Erin Bennett
Creative agency: The Monkeys
- Co-founder & Group Chief Creative Officer: Scott Nowell
- Co-founder & Group CEO: Mark Green
- Partner & Group Strategy Director: Fabio Buresti
- Managing Director: Matthew Michael
- Creative Director: Jake Rusznyak
- Creative Director: Dennis Koutoulogenis
- Senior Copywriter: Tim Pashen
- Senior Art Director: Scott Zuliani
- Head of Production: Thea Carone
- Senior Broadcast Producer: Jade Rodriguez
- Strategic Planner: Charlotte Marshall
- Group Content Director: Humphrey Taylor
- Senior Content Director: Katie Wong-Hee
- Senior Content Manager: Fizzy Keeble
- Content Executive: Sophie Finckh
- Production Manager: Ali Dent
Production company: The Sweetshop
- Director: TW!N
- Executive Producer: Edward Pontifex & Loren Bradley
- Producer: Allison Lockwood
- DOP: Lachlan Milne
- Editor: Jack Hutchings @ The Butchery
- Grade: Ben Eagleton @ Be Colour
- Post Production: BlockHead
- Music: Ayla cover of Hunters & Collectors
- Sound Design: Nylon
Media hotline number: 02 9292 9742.