NRMA Insurance claims data shows car accidents peak during school pick-up.
As students return to school this week, NRMA Insurance is urging parents and carers who drive children to and from school to take care behind the wheel – with new claims data revealing 40% of car collisions happen around school pick-up time.
The NRMA Insurance claims data showed that one of the most common times for a collision is between 1pm – 5pm in the afternoon, with the peak of collisions at 3pm1.
NRMA Insurance Executive General Manager Claims Luke Gallagher said with motor vehicle collisions peaking during school pick-up time, it’s a timely remind of the importance of paying attention behind the wheel and obeying the road rules when in school pick-up zones to help avoid an accident.
“We understand everyone leads busy lives and we’re all rushing to pick-up the children from school; however, drivers need to be patient, allow extra time to travel and must follow the road rules to ensure the safety of children, pedestrians and themselves.
“The parking and pick-up rules in school zones are in place to help keep children safe and assist with traffic flow. Following these rules will help ensure a calmer and safer journey for everyone,” Mr Gallagher said.
NRMA Insurance offers the following tips to parents and carers who are doing the pick-ups and drop-offs:
- Consider carpooling with other drivers to avoid doing the school-run five days a week;
- If you have the time, perhaps park away from the school and walk with the child;
- If you’re caught in the traffic remember to remain calm and be patient – getting frustrated can affect your ability to concentrate on the road;
- And if you’re not a parent or carer, try and leave home earlier or later to avoid the peak school pick-up times.
If you do get into an accident, you should follow these tips:
- Stop if safe to do so and make sure everyone’s ok;
- Exchange details with the other driver including the other driver’s name, their address, license number and their vehicles registration number;
- Take photographs of the damage to the vehicles;
- Collect the details of any witnesses; and
- Contact us to lodge your claim.
National motor claims data
|Time of day||Percentage|
|1||Early Morning (peak hour) (5am – 9am)||19.85%|
|2||Late morning (10am – 12pm)||23.23%|
|3||Afternoon (1pm – 5pm)||39.50%|
|4||Evening (6pm – 9pm)||13.41%|
|5||Night (10pm – 4am)||4.01%|
1 Based on NRMA Insurance motor claims data for 2020 calendar year
About NRMA Insurance
NRMA Insurance is one of Australia’s most trusted general insurance providers – helping people protect the things they care about since 1920. It has a long proud history of working with communities to build their resilience against severe weather and keep people safer on the road.
Almost three million customers across NSW, Queensland, ACT and Tasmania choose NRMA Insurance to protect their homes, vehicles, businesses, motorcycles, boats, pets and travel. In 2019, more than 350,000 claims were paid.
NRMA Insurance is backed by IAG, the largest general insurer in Australia and New Zealand and operator of some of Australia’s biggest insurance brands including CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.