If you own a car that is more than 15 years old and use it for:
- hobby or recreational purposes and is driven 10 days or less per month, or
- special occasion/wedding hire
read the information below about our Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle Insurance.
Whether your pride and joy is a veteran (pre-1919), vintage (made between 1919 and 1930) or classic (15 years or older) vehicle, we can provide cover for its agreed value against accidental damage, theft, fire, storm, flood and more.
What level of cover do I get for my money?
We will cover your veteran, vintage or classic vehicle for loss or damage if an incident we cover happens during the policy period. We will also cover you for Liability up to $20 million.
In addition, you will receive the following benefits and additional features (excludes stationary engines):
- Emergency repairs
- Keys, locks and barrels
- Personal items
- Storage costs
- Temporary cover
- Trailer or caravan damage
- Windscreen, sunroof and window glass damage
- Your uninsured loss recovery
- Traveller Care
- Helpline benefits
Please read our Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle Insurance policy booklet for more details.
Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle Insurance claims
Making a Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle Insurance claim is quick and easy with NRMA Insurance.
Simply call 1800 634 686 and we'll take care of everything for you. We even offer a lifetime guarantee on repairs we authorise for extra peace of mind.
How do I make a veteran, vintage and classic vehicle insurance claim?
Simply call NRMA Insurance on 1800 634 686 with the following details:
- Your registration number
- Your NRMA Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle Insurance policy number
- The driver's details (if someone else was driving your vehicle)
- The other driver's details (if applicable)
- A Police Incident Report number (if applicable)
What happens next?
If we accept your claim, then:
- You'll be provided with a claim number and advised if an excess is payable
- A quote then needs to be obtained for the repairs. An NRMA Insurance Claims Assessor can assist you in locating a suitable repairer or you can obtain a quote from a repairer of your choice
- Once you have a quote, it needs to be forwarded to the NRMA Insurance Claims Department, along with any photos of the damage
- Our Claims Assessors determine how your claim will be settled and if an inspection is required
- NRMA Insurance will also arrange for your vehicle to be towed if required