Veteran, Vintage & Classic Vehicle Insurance
If you own a car, motorcycle or scooter that’s more than 15 years old and keep it for recreational purposes read on about our NRMA Insurance Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle Insurance.
Whether your pride and joy is a classic (15 years or older), vintage (made between 1919 and 1930) or veteran (pre-1919), we can provide cover for its agreed value against accidental damage, theft, fire, storm, flood and more. For further information, please call us at 1300 665 672.
What level of cover do I get for my money?
- Accidental damage
- Windscreen and window glass damage
- Vandalism or malicious damage
- Fire, storm or flood
- Theft or attempted theft
- Emergency repairs
- Liability cover
- Traveller care - extra help if your vehicle breaks down more than 100km from home
Please read our Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle Insurance policy booklet for more details.
Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle Insurance claims
Making a Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle Insurance claim is quick and easy with NRMA Insurance.
Simply call 1800 634 686 and we'll take care of everything for you. We even offer a lifetime guarantee on the workmanship of authorised repairs for extra peace of mind.
How do I make a veteran, vintage and classic vehicle insurance claim?
Simply call NRMA Insurance on 1800 634 686 with the following details:
- Your registration number
- Your NRMA Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle Insurance policy number
- The driver's details (if someone else was driving your vehicle)
- The other driver's details (if applicable)
- A Police Incident Report number (if applicable)
What happens next?
If we accept your claim, then:
- You'll be provided with a claim number and advised if an excess is payable.
- A quote then needs to be obtained for the repairs. An NRMA Insurance Claims Assessor can assist you in locating a suitable repairer or you can obtain a quote from a repairer of your choice.
- Once you have a quote, it needs to be forwarded to the NRMA Insurance Claims Department, along with any photos of the damage.
- Our Claims Assessors determine how your claim will be settled and if an inspection is required.
- NRMA Insurance will also arrange for your vehicle to be towed if required.
For more information on making an NRMA Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle insurance claim, please refer to our Product Disclosure Statement.
Why choose NRMA Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle Insurance?
- Help if your vehicle breaks down more than 100km from home within Australia
- Choice of repairer
- Cover for the agreed value of your vehicle
- Option to keep your pre-1981 vehicle if it's written off in an accident
- Lifetime guarantee for the workmanship on authorised repairs
- 24/7 Helpline assistance
- Experience – we’ve been insuring Australians for over 85 years