Why have income protection?
Income protection gives you a regular monthly payment if you’re unable to work due to sickness or injury. So you can focus on getting better without worrying about your finances.
If the answer is no, you should consider income protection.
|Think about it|
|If you have income protection through your super, check to see:
|Think about it|
While many people think it won’t happen to them, the fact is, sickness and injury is more common than most of us realise. It’s been estimated that more than 60% of Australians will be disabled for more than one month during their working life*. So it’s worth thinking about how you would manage if it happened to you and your family.
* E Fabrizio, Australia and New Zealand Disability Income Experience, 2007.
- Easy to get protected. Up to 85% of your pre-tax income paid monthly up to $10,000 a month depending on your cover type if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury.
- Easy to get. All Australian residents aged 18-60 can get cover.
- Easy to apply for. With our online quote or over the phone on 132 825 between 8am and 8pm (AEST), Monday to Friday
- Easy to tailor. Extend your cover with Involuntary Unemployment Cover, Kids Injury Cover, Holiday Injury Cover or Permanent Disability Cover.
- Easy to understand. With no complicated jargon.
Easy to trust. You can rely on the financial strength and security of a policy supported by NRMA Insurance, one of Australia’s most trusted insurers, and TAL Life, Australia’s leading specialist life insurer.
How much will it cost?
The cost of your premium will depend on:
- The amount of cover
- The waiting period you choose - the longer the waiting period, the lower your premium
- The length of your payout period - the shorter the period, the lower your premium
- Whether you add any extras to your cover, such as Permanent Disability Cover
Any discounts you qualify for
|Who is it for?||Discount|
|NRMA Insurance customers||
- Fortnightly billing
- Monthly billing
- Quarterly and annual payments, currently available over the phone on 132 825
Find out more
How to apply
Applying is easy — and if you change your mind, we'll give you a complete refund of all premiums paid if you cancel at any time in the first 30 days.
- Australian residents aged 18-60.
- More occupations than many other insurers.
- People who have been with their existing employer for less than six months.
- Self-employed people who have been in business less than six months.
- Homemakers can get a payout of up to $3,000 a month if sickness or injury prevents them performing their regular daily tasks.
Get a fast online quote
- Get a quote
- We’ll email you a quote immediately so you can think it over, or simply complete the application straight away and enjoy the peace of mind of knowing you’re covered
The information on this website about NRMA Income Protection is general advice only and does not take into account your personal financial situation, needs or objectives. You should consider the Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide and your own circumstances before deciding to purchase NRMA Income Protection. NRMA Income Protection is promoted by IAL Life Pty Limited ABN 15 137 509 936 an Authorised Representative (AR No. 427847) of TAL Direct Pty Limited ABN 39 084 666 017 AFSL 243260. NRMA Income Protection is issued by TAL Life Limited ABN 70 050 109 450 AFSL 237848 (except for Involuntary Unemployment Cover which is issued by St Andrew's Insurance (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 89 075 044 656 AFSL 239649). IAL Life Pty Limited is a subsidiary of Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 trading as NRMA Insurance. All life insurance information on this website is provided by TAL Direct Pty Limited and IAL Life Pty Limited.