Making a claim is easy

Select from the following options.

Emergency assistance is just a phone call away

When you call, if possible, have the following information:

  • Your policy number
  • A phone number we can call you back on

Call emergency assistance 24/7

We have local toll-free numbers from the following countries:

All other countries: +612 8907 5584

Call us to claim

 1300 135 640

We're here when you need us.

NRMA Travel Insurance provides a 24 hour worldwide emergency assistance service for you to call if you experience any difficulties on your trip.

Call emergency assistance if:

  • You're admitted to hospital or expect your medical expenses to be over $500
  • You need help finding an English speaking doctor while travelling
  • You've lost or had your passports, travel documents or credit cards stolen
  • You need local legal help
  • You need help returning home

All services are subject to a claim being accepted under our policy.

If your personal items such as your mobile phone have been lost or stolen:

  1. Obtain a policy report or written letter by your transport provider (if the item was lost or stolen while travelling with a transport provider)
  2. Lodge a claim online when you get home, attaching the relevant documents

We'll update you on how your claim is progressing within 10 working days.

Claim online now through our easy, 5-step process:

1 Describe the incident

2 Enter your expenses or losses

3 Upload any supporting documents

4 Provide your bank details

5 Review and finalise your claim

You can save and return to an incomplete claim for up to 28 days.

Once you've lodged your claim, we'll update you on how it's progressing within 10 working days.


Call us

From all other countries or if you're experiencing difficulties from on of the numbers above, call +612 8907 5584


By post

Complete and post your claim form to:

NRMA Travel Insurance
c/o Cover-More Claims Department
Private Bag 913
North Sydney NSW 2059

You need to let us know about any claim or incident that might result in a claim as soon as possible and within 60 days of the return date shown on your policy document.

If you make a claim after the 60-day time frame, please include a cover letter explaining why you were unable to make your claim within this period.

If you're still within the 60-day time frame and think you may exceed it, please call us on 1300 135 640

If you're waiting on supporting documentation and believe you'll exceed the 60-day period, you can still lodge a claim in the meantime.

Yes, once you're home from your trip, you should lodge your claim within 60 days. This makes it easier to gather information we need to approve your claim.

However, our online claims centre lets you start your claim anywhere in the world at anytime, while all the details are still fresh so you don't have to wait.

You can save and return to an incomplete claim for up to 28 days.

If your luggage is delayed for more than 24 hours, we'll reimburse you up to $500 on the International Comprehensive Plan, or $100 on the International Essentials Plan. This covers essential emergency items of clothing and toiletries you purchase on your trip.

These amounts will double if you still haven't received your luggage after 72 hours.

Remember to upload all copies of your receipts when lodging your claim.

For more information, including the maximum benefit limit, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)

When you make a claim, we may ask you to provide documents that help us assess and settle your claim. Documents can also be used to help us identify correct replacement or reimbursement for you.

Examples of the types of documents you can provide, include:

  • Original police reports
  • Receipts
  • Valuations
  • Repair quotes
  • Medical certificates

We're here to help

Call us for help

Less than a minute

Not in Australia?

We understand that as a result of your incident, you might already be out of pocket. That's why we try to process claims as quickly as possible.

You'll hear from us within 10 working days from the time we receive your claim.

To check your claim's progress, log into our online claims centre or contact us for more details.

Yes, you can supply supporting documentation once you've submitted your claim.

If you're lodging a claim online, select 'Supply later'. You'll have up to 28 days to return to your incomplete claim to add your supporting documents in.

The easiest way to confirm your coverage and excess is to start a claim online.

Once you've lodged your claim, our claims team will contact you within 10 working days.

The easiest way to confirm your coverage is to simply start a claim online.

What you're covered for is determined by the type of travel insurance you have with us. For example, if you've chosen our International Essential Plan, you're not automatically covered for your rental car's insurance excess, but with our International Comprehensive Plan, we cover up to $4,000.

Still not sure? You can also find full details on policy coverage in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)

We cover you for any unforeseen events around the world, such as tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanic hazards or acts of terrorism.

If the location you're travelling to has been affected, we'll do our best to make this information available to you. For up to date warnings and alerts for the country you're travelling to, please visit

In the event of a large scale incident, call 1300 305 790

If you're currently travelling overseas and you're impacted by a large scale incident, call emergency assistance:

All other countries: +612 8907 5584

Our International Travel Insurance policies offer you a range of excess options. Depending on the type of excess you've chosen, you may need to pay. Your excess is shown on your policy document.

For domestic travel, you'll need to pay a $50 excess on our Domestic Comprehensive Plan and Domestic Cancellation Plan.

An additional excess may apply in some circumstances, such as cover for existing medical conditions. If this is the case, we'll contact you in writing.

In the event that any of your travel providers become bankrupt, you may be entitled to payment under the Financial Claims Scheme. Access to the scheme is subject to eligibility criteria.

For information about the scheme, visit the APRA website or call APRA on 1300 558 849