Domestic Travel Insurance

Save 5% on a new policy if you already have insurance with us1

COVID-19 (coronavirus)

Read important information about your travel insurance, and see if you're eligible for a refund

If you think you only need travel insurance when you’re going overseas, think again.

Things can go wrong when you’re travelling in Australia, too. Sometimes before you even get a chance to leave home.

The most common claims for our Domestic Travel Insurance are:

  • Trip cancelled because someone’s very sick (37% of claims)
  • Lost, stolen or damaged luggage (14% of claims)
  • Excess for a stolen or damaged rental car (9% of claims)
  • Additional expenses because someone’s sick or hurt (6% of claims).

Choose your cover

With Domestic Comprehensive and Domestic Cancellation plans, we offer cover if you’re travelling more than 250km from home and something unexpected (like you suddenly get very sick) means you need to rearrange or cancel your trip.

When you choose Domestic Comprehensive, we also offer cover for:

  • Luggage and personal effects
  • Rental car insurance excess
  • Travel delay
  • Additional travel and accommodation expenses.

This cover has limits and exclusions, so read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for full details of what’s covered.

Choose between Domestic Comprehensive and Domestic Cancellation when you get a quote.

Save time if you’re a regular traveller

If you travel Australia a lot, you can choose a domestic multi-trip policy and simplify your travel insurance.

You get cover for a year of travel in Australia, and you can pick a maximum duration limit for all your trips. The shorter your trips, the cheaper your policy.

You won’t have to get a new policy every time you travel, and you can travel as much as you like during the year (as long as each trip is less than the maximum duration limit you chose).

Things you should know

  1. Offer is for a limited time.

  2. Limits, sub-limits, conditions and exclusions apply. NRMA Travel insurance is underwritten by Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507) (“ZAIL”). Cover-More Insurance Services Pty. Ltd. (ABN 95 003 114 145, AFSL 241713) acts under a binder authority from ZAIL. Cover-More will administer the policies and arrange for the issue of insurance on behalf of ZAIL. Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 11 000 016 722, AFSL 227681) trading as NRMA Insurance will arrange for the issue of NRMA Travel Insurance. This is general advice only. To see if the product is right for you, always consider your own needs, financial situation and the Product Disclosure Statement and Target Market Determinations.

  3. The product information on this page only applies to Travel Insurance issued to residents of NSW, QLD, ACT or TAS.