Complaints and resolutions

What to do if you have a complaint

We always aim to give you the best service possible, but we understand that sometimes issues come up and you may have a complaint.

We will resolve your complaint as quickly as we can, and we’ll keep you informed on your complaint’s progress.

If your complaint hasn't been resolved after 30 days, or if you’re unhappy with our decision, you may want to get an external review (read step 3 of our process to learn about this).

If your complaint is about CTP Insurance (also known as a Green Slip), read our CTP Insurance complaints process.

If your complaint is about Life Insurance or Income Protection Insurance, read our Life Insurance and Income Protection Insurance complaints process.

The first thing to do is call us on 132 132 or email us about your concerns.

We might be able to resolve your complaint straight away, or we might refer you to a manager (or you can ask to speak to a manager yourself).

If we can't resolve your complaint quickly, you can ask for it to be sent to our Customer Relations team.

You can also contact Customer Relations directly by:

Customer Relations will let you know if they need more information about your complaint, or when they’ve made a decision.

They'll also keep you updated on progress and the timeframe for responding to your complaint.

If you're not happy with our Customer Relations team's decision, you may want to get an external review.

One way to get an external review is by talking to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).

AFCA provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free for customers.

Contact AFCA to find out if they can help with your situation. Get in touch by:

Some time limits apply to AFCA complaints, so act quickly. Check the AFCA website to see if time limits apply to your situation.

Have more questions?

If you need to know more about how we handle complaints, call us on 132 132 or send us an email.

Deaf, hearing impaired or speech impaired?

Use the TTY Service on 133 677 via the National Relay Service and ask for 132 132 (7am–10pm).

TTY Direct

Use TTY Direct on 1300 768 361 (11am–8pm, Mon–Fri) for Hearing impaired service and ask for NRMA Insurance.

Help in other languages

Read information in these languages about how we handle complaints: