With NRMA Travel Insurance, there are many medical conditions that we cover automatically without needing them to be listed on your policy.
Having a travel insurance policy does not automatically cover claims arising from, or exacerbated by, Existing Medical Conditions or pregnancy. However, you can apply to have Existing Medical Condition cover included within your NRMA Travel Insurance policy by answering some simple questions. If we agree to offer cover for Existing Medical Conditions, it may be subject to special conditions, limitations, excesses and amounts payable depending on your age and your trip duration and destination.
If you're aware of the pregnancy prior to the relevant time an online medical assessment must be completed if any of the following apply:
- There have been complications with this pregnancy or any previous pregnancy
- You have a multiple pregnancy
- The conception was medically assisted (including hormone therapies and IVF)
You can complete this as part of your NRMA Travel Insurance quote2.
Whether or not you have to apply for pregnancy cover, the following restrictions apply for any person where a claim may arise in any way as a result of pregnancy:
- Cover is only provided for unexpected serious pregnancy complications which occur before or during the 23rd week of pregnancy
- No cover is provided for childbirth or the health of a newborn child, irrespective of the stage of pregnancy at which the child is born
Expectant mothers should therefore consider whether they travel under this policy, particularly if travelling beyond the 20th week of pregnancy.
Things you should know
Offer is for a limited time.
An additional premium will apply and additional restrictions may apply to the policy.