Business insurance

For small businesses of different shapes and sizes. Whether you’re a tradie, accountant or café owner, find out how we can help protect your business.

Business interruption claims

If your business has been affected by COVID-19 and you have business interruption cover, talk to us about making a claim on 132 818.

There have been two test cases in relation to business interruption cover and COVID-19 impacts. Information about these test cases is available on the Insurance Council of Australia’s website.

Insurance for different industries

See the types of cover we offer for small businesses like yours.


Public liability cover, plus more

Our Business Insurance policy lets you build a policy for your business. You can apply to add different cover types like Public Liability, Property, Glass and more.

Cover options

Here are some of the covers available within our Business Insurance product. You can mix and match to create a policy with the covers you’re looking for.

Public liability

For compensation claims if your business accidentally causes an injury or property damage and you’re found to be liable for it2.


Covers insured property like buildings, contents or stock, for damage from fire, storms and other covered causes2.


For certain accidental breakages of items like shopfront windows, glass shelving and display cabinets2.

Portable property

Covers insured property like tools and devices while they’re away from your business premises, against specific events like theft from a locked vehicle2.


Covers insured property like business contents and stock from loss or damage due to theft2.

Personal accident and illness

This can provide you with a weekly benefit, if you can’t do your regular work due to a covered injury or illness2.


Cover for specified business cash, for loss caused by theft or accidental damage2.

Commercial motor

You can insure the vehicles or trailers used in your business, with different levels of cover available2.

Business interruption

Cover for certain loss (as detailed in your PDS), if your business is interrupted by specific types of damage2.


Cover for sudden and unforeseen breakdown of your specified business machinery2.

Tax investigation

For professional costs if investigated or audited by the ATO or a government revenue office about taxes payable by your business2.

Computer and electronic equipment

Cover for your office’s computer systems or electronic equipment, for sudden and unforeseen breakdown or damage from specified events like fire or storm2.

Employee dishonesty

Cover for loss of money or goods caused by employee fraud or dishonesty2.

Working in hospitality, hair or beauty?

Expert Advice is our online tool that helps you choose your business insurance cover.

It recommends cover that’s tailored for your hospitality, hair or beauty business, and you can still make changes if you want to.

Professional Indemnity Insurance

This protection is designed to cover businesses that give advice or provide a professional service, like consultants or other professionals.

It covers businesses for their civil liability from providing professional services, like advice, which causes certain types of loss or damage (like financial loss) to their clients2.


Farm Insurance

Insurance for hobby or working farms. Cover options for things like your domestic contents, fencing, farm equipment, vehicles and more2.

3 steps to help protect your business


Get a quote online in minutes or through our Australian-based call centre


Build your policy and get the cover you need with no extra fees to pay by the month


Receive your Certificate of Insurance instantly so you can get straight back to business

Speak to us

Can’t find what you’re looking for? We’re here to help.

Call us 8am–8pm, Mon–Fri or chat to us online 8am–8pm, Mon–Fri.

You can also ask us to contact you about a Business Insurance quote.

Save up to 10% when you get Business Insurance online1

Your discount is automatically applied when you purchase your policy online.

Have a question? We can help

It depends, every business is different. Lots of different businesses use Public Liability Insurance to protect against claims of negligence. For example, if you own a shop and a customer trips on a fallen box and hurts themselves, or you run a bakery and a customer gets very sick after eating an unrefrigerated cake.

Legal bills and compensation can be very expensive and could disrupt your cash flow of your business. To protect what you’ve built, Public Liability Insurance can cover $5 million, $10 million or $20 million worth of these costs, depending on which level of cover you choose.

This can be confusing because they’re both designed to protect you if someone claims your business caused injury or damage to them.

The main difference is that only Professional Indemnity covers claims made against you because of the professional advice or services you provide to your clients.

If you decide you need both Professional Indemnity Insurance and Public Liability Insurance, you can get them both at once when you get a quote.

Yes, Public Liability can protect your business against claims of negligence from clients or suppliers who visit your home. For example, if a client comes to your home for a meeting, and they trip on a loose wire and hurt themselves.

You can get a copy of your Certificate of Currency, Certificate of Insurance or tax invoice online. Log in to your account, then:

  1. Find your Business Insurance policy and select View policy
  2. Under Policy Documents, select Email me my Certificate of Currency to get a copy of your Certificate of Currency, or
  3. Select View all Policy Documents to view and request a copy of your Certificate of Insurance or tax invoice.

A Certificate of Currency is proof that you have an active policy.

A Certificate of Insurance shows what your policy covers, the amount covered and the period of cover.

Things you should know

  1. You can save up to 10% on the Business Insurance 'base premium' when you first purchase online, or up to $100 on the Hobby Farm Insurance 'base premium' when you first purchase online. The base premium doesn't include any government or statutory charges. You will only get a discount on your first year's premium. Discounts only apply until you reach your minimum premium, so your discount might be limited by your minimum premium. When we calculate your premium on renewal, we may also limit any increases or decreases by considering factors like your previous year’s premium. These online offers may be withdrawn at any time. The 10% off Business Insurance offer is subject to its full terms and conditions, and the $100 off Hobby Farm Insurance is subject to its full terms and conditions.

  2. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. See the relevant Product Disclosure Statement for further details.

  3. This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (“your personal circumstances”). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product, you should consider your personal circumstances and the relevant Product Disclosure Statement and Target Market Determinations available from this website.