Read our information page to learn more about your policy and the coronavirus pandemic.
You work hard to keep your family happy, healthy and secure. But what would happen to them if you were to unexpectedly die or become terminally ill?
Without the income you provide, your family could struggle to pay day-to-day living expenses such as rent or mortgage payments, school fees, utility bills, and even the basics like food and clothing. They might even be forced to sell the car or family home just to get by.
That's why life insurance is so important. It could help secure your family’s financial future, even if you're no longer around to help.
Have confidence by your side knowing that NRMA Life Insurance partner, TAL, paid out over $1.6 billion in claims in 2018.
Why choose NRMA Insurance?
- Enjoy 5% off premiums for the life of your policy as an existing NRMA Insurance policyholder
- Receive 30% off cover from $150,000 to $300,000, and 35% off cover above $300,000
- Get one month free every year when you choose to pay annually
- Receive a discount for the second person when you add your partner to your policy
Supported claims process
We'll make the process as easy as we can. The sooner we're notified, the quicker we can start to assess the claim.
- Expect no medical tests or complicated application forms
- Get a quote online or over the phone
- No complicated jargon or hidden fine print
- Comprehensive cover up to $1.5 million cover and an advance payout of $10,000 to help your family with legal costs
- Your own personal claims manager to support you through the claims process
- Choose the day of the month you'd like to make payments
- Guaranteed renewal until you turn 99
- Rely on the financial strength and security of an NRMA Life Insurance policy, issued by TAL Life Limited - underwriters for over 140 years
Still have a few questions?
Try our FAQs
Australian residents aged 18 to 65 can apply for NRMA Life Insurance.
Once accepted, your Life Insurance policy will continue, as long as you continue paying your premiums, until the renewal date following your 99th birthday. On that date, your policy will end.
If you pass away or become terminally ill with a life expectancy of less than 12 months, we could provide:
- A lump sum payment to your beneficiaries of up to $1.5 million
- A $10,000 advance payout as soon as we approve the claim, to assist with legal costs in finalising your estate
- Free phone-based trauma and loss counselling for your loved ones
- A dedicated Customer Care team to help with claims.
We cover you for any cause of death except suicide or intentional self-harm.
We'll clearly explain any exclusions that apply upfront and will agree to these with you before your policy starts.
For more details about your coverage, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
Life is full of change. That’s why we’ve designed NRMA Life Insurance to give you maximum flexibility, making it easy to adjust your cover to suit your lifestyle.
As your family circumstances change and your wealth increases, it’s important to make sure that your Life Insurance continues to keep pace with your needs. For example, you may want to top up your cover when you:
- Buy a home
- Get married
- Have children.
Once your cover’s in place, you can adjust the amount any time before your 66th birthday. Simply call us on 132 825.
Life Insurance premiums aren’t usually tax deductible and if you claim, your payout is generally tax-free. Please check with your accountant to ensure this applies to your own tax situation.
Most Australians have some form of Life Insurance through their superannuation.
The default level of cover is not based on your unique current and future obligations, so you may want to check if it's enough. You may also want to consider whether you're able to take your insurance with you if you leave your current employer.
For customers who don't speak English, we offer a free Translation and Interpretive (TIS) government service.
You can access this by calling TIS on 131 450. TIS will organise a translator for the language you need, then they'll call us. NRMA Life Insurance covers the full cost of the translation service.
We can also arrange an appointment in advance with a phone interpreter. Please speak to your customer service representative or personal claims manager.
National Relay Service (NRS)
We use the NRS to ensure we're accessible to customers with a hearing or speech impairment.
You can access an NRMA Life Insurance phone number using one of the services below. Remember to provide the number you want to contact.
Need more info?
Claim Application and
Policy Discharge Form
Our commitment to the Life Insurance Code of Practice
We fully support the work of the Financial Services Council in lifting the standards of insurer practices across the Life Insurance industry. We're committed to providing our customers with the best possible customer service standards. Find out more about our commitment to the Life Insurance Code of Practice.
Things you should know
The information on this website about NRMA Life Insurance is general advice only and does not take into account your personal financial situation, needs or objectives. You should consider the Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide and your own circumstances before deciding to purchase NRMA Life Insurance. NRMA Life Insurance is promoted by IAL Life Pty Limited ABN 15 137 509 936 Authorised Representative No. 427847 of TAL Direct Pty Limited ABN 39 084 666 017 AFSL 243260. NRMA Life Insurance is issued by TAL Life Limited ABN 70 050 109 450 AFSL 237848. IAL Life Pty Limited is a subsidiary of Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 trading as NRMA Insurance. All life insurance information on this website is provided by TAL Direct Pty Limited and IAL Life Pty Limited.