Social house rules
These are the rules and guidelines for connecting with us through our social media channels.
You can also find information about competitions or games that we run occasionally.
Join us on social media to tell us what you think with comments, photos and videos. We can also provide help with our products and servicing.
Is the content your own?
If the content is not your own, you'll need permission from the owner before posting it. We ask that you do your part and comply with these rules for posts, communications and general behaviour on our pages.
When will we delete posts?
While we appreciate all types of feedback, we reserve the right to delete posts that we decide are off-topic or otherwise inappropriate.
This includes posts that contain the following:
- Defamatory, obscene, offensive or violent language and / or images
- Trolling, spamming, fraudulent or deliberately misleading posts
- Repetitive or continuous posts, including complaints that have already been responded to by us
- Attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten or abuse an individual
- Hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs
- Links or comments containing sexually explicit content material
- Websites or files containing viruses that could damage the operation of other people’s computers or mobile devices
- Commercial solicitations
- Unreasonable or inappropriate disclosure of someone else's personal information
- An infringement of another party’s intellectual property rights.
We also reserve the right to remove or block users at our discretion if a user fails to comply with the above rules.
To protect you privacy, we won't discuss in detail your service or claim enquiry in public pages.
For customer service enquiries call 132 132, 7am - 10pm (AEST), 7 days.
For claims enquires contact us by private message or call 131 123 24/7.
Our team will regularly monitor and moderate our social media pages between 9am – 5pm, Monday to Sunday.
When a response is needed, we'll aim to respond to your comments on this page within 24 hours, Monday to Friday.
Don't share your personal information
Remember that posting on public pages means anyone can see your information, so you should only share information you are happy for the general public to see. Please don't share personal information on this page such as your phone number, email address, policy or claim information.
Your content and our content
Although we aim to ensure that any instructions, suggestions or recommendations we post are safe to implement, we accept no responsibility for any loss, damage or personal injury that may be suffered or sustained as a result of, in connection with or arising from them.
In addition to the rights you grant to Facebook, you also grant NRMA Insurance and its related bodies corporate the right to use and/or distribute any content posted by you in any manner or media without any legal or monetary obligation to you.
The content posted by users does not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of NRMA Insurance and/or Insurance Australia Group (IAG), and NRMA Insurance and/or IAG do not confirm the accuracy of such content. You agree to hold NRMA Insurance and IAG harmless from any liability and/or damages resulting from your participation on our social media pages, or any claim arising from any material that you post on our social media pages.
Thanks for joining us on social media!
We (Insurance Australia Limited trading as NRMA Insurance ABN 11 000 016 722) may from time to time run games or competitions (“Competitions”) through an unpublished Facebook post or through a timeline post on our Facebook page at facebook.com.au/nrmainsurance. If we run a Competition that directs you to these Rules as the rules of participation, the following rules apply:
- Our post will set out the relevant Competition details, such as when the Competition commences and ends, how to enter, who is allowed to enter, how winners will be selected, contacted and announced and what the prizes are.
- Entrants must be aged 13 years and over.
- Any Competition which directs you to these Rules as the rules of participation are games of skill, not games of chance, as no element of chance is involved.
- All prize values are in Australian dollars. Prizes will only be distributed in Australia and all components of the prizes are not transferable and not redeemable for cash.
- Entries that are incomplete, indecipherable or illegible will be deemed invalid.
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by us. We are not responsible for any delay in, or failure of, transmission which causes an entry not to be received between the commencement and end of the Competition.
- We reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entrants and to disqualify any entrant who does not act, or submits an entry that is not, in accordance with these rules or who tampers with the entry process.
- Our decision in relation to any Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If you are a winner of a Competition, you must send us a private message with your contact details in order for us to arrange fulfilment of your prize.
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a Competition at any time for any reason.
- Any Competition we post is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with, Facebook.
- Neither we nor Facebook are liable for loss, damage or personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of, in connection with, or arising out of the Competition or the taking of a prize and you release us and Facebook from any such liability.
- You or your parent/guardian (if applicable) agree and consent to us:
- Using and disclosing your personal information for the purposes of conducting the Competition, redeeming a prize and any other matter connected to or incidental to the Competition; and,
- Using your name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film, and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Competition and for any other purpose at our sole discretion.
- By entering this Promotion, Entrants agree to abide by these Conditions of Entry.
- The Promoter is Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 trading as NRMA Insurance of 388 George Street, Sydney, New South Wales, Telephone (02) 9292 9222.
- The Promotion commences at 9am AEST on 7 April 2017 and closes at 5pm AEST on 14 April 2017 (Promotion Period).
- Entry is open to any New South Wales resident aged 18 years of age and over (Entrant). Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, related companies of the Promoter and agencies associated ith the Promotion and their related companies are ineligible to be Entrants.
- To enter the Promotion, Entrants must subscribe to the NRMA Insurance blog ‘The Hub’ at www.thehub.nrma.com.au using the subscription box displayed in the top right of that webpage (desktop) or the bottom of the screen page (mobile) using their name and email address during the Promotion Period (Entry). Only one entry permitted per email address.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible Entries will be deemed invalid. Should an Entrant not wish to be automatically entered into the Promotion upon subscribing to The Hub, they should contact the Promoter by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Prizes are 10 x Family Passes to the 2017 Sydney Royal Easter Show at Sydney Olympic Park , valued at $AUD 116.00 each. The total prize pool is $AUD $1,160.00. The Prize is subject to the Sydney Royal Easter Show’s relevant terms and conditions, please refer to their website and the issued ticket for details.
- The Prize Draw will be conducted at 10am AEST on 15 April 2017 at 388 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000. The Winners will be the first 10 valid Entries drawn. Winners will be notified by email within two days of the Prize Draw. The email confirmation will include details of how the Winner can redeem their Prize.
- All components of the Prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise.
- Winner(s) must claim their Prize within 24 hours of the Prize Draw, before the end of the 2017 Sydney Royal Easter Show season. If a Prize is unclaimed after three months, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority, the Promoter may conduct further draws as are necessary in order to distribute the unclaimed Prizes.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Entries and Entrants and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an Entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who tampers with the Entry process.
- The Promoter is not liable for any loss, damage or personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of, in connection with, or arising out of the Promotion or taking a Prize and Entrants release the Promoter from any such liability. The Promoter is not liable for any additional costs associated with the taking of a Prize and any expense incurred beyond the specified Prize will be the responsibility of the Winner.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to fraud or causes beyond the control of the Promoter or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- Entrants agree and consent to the Promoter:
- using and disclosing the Entrant’s personal information for the purposes of conducting the Promotion and providing the Entrant with information about the Promoter’s products, services and other offers in any media; and
- using the Entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for any purpose at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- NSW Permit Number LTPM/16/00629.