ShareCover – Holiday Rental Insurance

We’re working with ShareCover to bring you protection designed for homes with short-term rental guests

Short-stay Rental policies

ShareCover's Short-stay Rental Apartment or Short-stay Rental House polices aren’t available anymore.

If you already have a Short-stay Rental House or Apartment policy, there’s no change to your cover.

Pay-per-night policies are still available.

Renting your home through websites like Airbnb or Stayz?

We’re working with ShareCover, another IAG brand, to bring you specialised protection for your home.

ShareCover can protect your house or apartment when you use online home sharing websites for short-term rentals (up to 90 nights).

How does it work?

Cover your property for just one night, or up to 90 nights. You can also select how much cover you want for your building (up to $2m) and your items (up to $500k).

What's covered?

ShareCover policies are specifically designed for people renting to short-term guests through sites like Airbnb and Stayz. All the policies cover:

  • Accidental damage
  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Loss of rent
  • Temporary accommodation.

Read the Product Disclosure Statement to learn more about what’s covered.

Have a question? We can help

Yes, with ShareCover you can choose an amount of cover that only includes the area you rent out, instead of your whole home and everything in it.

Your premiums might be tax deductible when you let relevant tax authorities know about your rental income. Please seek independent financial or tax advice from a licensed professional such as an accountant.

The average cost of a policy is less than $8 a night, depending on how much cover you choose.

Every property is different and prices change based on a lot of different factors. The quickest way to find out how much you’ll pay is to get a quote.

Things you should know

  1. ShareCover is a separate brand to NRMA Insurance, but both are issued by Insurance Australia Limited.

  2. ShareCover is issued by Insurance Australia Limited, ABN 11 000 016 722, AFS Licence No. 227681, trading as ShareCover Enterprises. When making decisions about your insurance, always read the Product Disclosure Statement and Target Market Determinations. You can also read the Buildings Key Fact Sheet and Contents Key Fact Sheet which list some important events and risks that are covered and not covered.

  3. ShareCover Enterprises isn’t related to Airbnb or Stayz. References to Airbnb or Stayz don’t mean we endorse those platforms (or that they endorse us).