As a tradie you do a lot to protect yourself at work, so don’t forget to protect your business too.
Hazards like power tools, machinery, and volatile materials are just some parts of the job that could put people at risk.
The right insurance can give you cover against these risks and more, helping to safeguard the future of your business.
Plus, if you get a new Business Insurance policy online you can save up to 10%1.
Need your certificates or tax invoice?
You can request a copy of your Certificate of Currency, Certificate of Insurance or tax invoice online. Just enter your email address.
A Certificate of Currency is proof that you have an active policy.
A Certificate of Insurance shows what your policy covers, the amount covered and the period of cover.
Most popular types of cover
Choosing the right cover can be complicated. To help you make these decisions, here’s what some businesses like yours choose:
- Public and product liability: Covers claims against you for negligent acts in connection with your business that result in personal injury or property damage to third parties
- Property: Protects you for loss or damage to your business tools, equipment, contents, stock or a building in the event of a fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, impact including falling trees, malicious damage and storm damage at your business premises
- Portable property: Cover for your equipment and tools of trade against accidental damage, fire, theft and other specified incidents, anywhere in Australia
- Personal accident and illness: Provides a weekly benefit in the event of certain injuries, accidents or illnesses.
- Commercial motor vehicles: Covers your business motor vehicles or mobile plant used to operate your business in Australia
- Theft and money: Covers you if a person breaks into your premises (or the premises you are renting) and steals your business stock, contents, money or equipment
- Tax investigation: Covers the cost of professional fees resulting from an audit or investigation which relates to you paying a tax
- Employee dishonesty: Covers you against loss of money caused by any fraudulent or dishonest act by an employee with the clear intent of making improper personal financial gain
- Computer and electronic equipment: Covers breakdown of office equipment such as computers, printers, fax machines and phone equipment
- Machinery: Covers breakdown of machinery like cash registers, cool rooms, display fridges or air conditioners
- Glass: Covers breakage to shop front windows, glass shelving or display cabinets, sign writing and advertising signs
- Business interruption: Covers a shortfall in your gross profit if your business is interrupted by an incident we cover.
Things you should know
1 You can save up to 10% on the Business Insurance 'base premium' when you first purchase online. The base premium doesn't include any government or statutory charges. You will only get a discount on your first year's premium. Discounts only apply until you reach your minimum premium, so your discount might be limited by your minimum premium. When we calculate your premium on renewal, we may also limit any increases or decreases by considering factors like your previous year’s premium. This online offer may be withdrawn at any time and is subject to the full terms and conditions.
Our Business Insurance offers:
- Value for money
- Minimal paperwork
- Flexible payment options.