Home Buildings & Contents Insurance

Cover your home inside and out

Cover your home inside and out with our Buildings and Contents combined insurance. We provide new for old replacement of your household contents and personal belongings, and we'll rebuild or repair your home if it's damaged or destroyed. Plus, we have a lifetime guarantee for any authorised repair work on your home.

It’s easy to manage and comes with loads of features as standard, plus optional cover like valuables and accidental damage cover to choose from.

What events are covered?

  • Storm
  • Flood*
  • Water and oil leaks
  • Earthquake
  • Lightning
  • Fire
  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Vandalism or a malicious act

What contents are covered?

  • Furniture, furnishings, carpets and rugs
  • Electrical items
  • Home theatre equipment
  • Clothes and shoes
  • Bedding, towels and other manchester
  • Toys and sporting equipment
  • Handyman tools
  • Gardening equipment

*Damage caused by the sea is not covered (except tsunamis as a result of earthquake). If your property has been identified by NRMA Insurance as prone to flooding, you can choose to remove flood cover from your policy to reduce your premium.

Calculate the current value of your home buildings and contents

Home Buildings calculator

Home Contents calculator

Optional cover

You can add options to your policy to increase your Home Buildings and Contents Insurance cover.

  • Portable Contents cover for items you take when you leave your home, e.g. jewellery, a laptop or luggage
  • Fusion - burn out of electric motors that are part of your home and contents, e.g. ducted air conditioning - includes service call, parts and labour costs
  • Accidental Damage to your home and contents
  • Pet lover's pack covers up to $2,000 for vet costs if your cat or dog gets hurt in an accident

Home Plus, our highest level of cover

NRMA Home Plus Insurance provides all the features and benefits of our standard Home Buildings and Home Contents Insurance, with additional cover to give you peace of mind.

Home Plus offers the following cover:

  • Up to 25% safety net on top of the buildings sum insured for extra costs to rebuild your home if you need it
  • Up to 25% safety net on top of the general contents sum insured for extra costs to replace your contents if you need it
  • Automatic cover for accidental damage and burn out of electric motors (fusion)
  • Plants, trees and shrubs up to 2,000
  • Identity theft up to $5,000
  • Credit card theft up to $5,000
  • Temporary accommodation for up to 2 years

To choose Home Plus simply complete a standard Home Insurance quote and then select the 'Upgrade to Plus cover' option.

Important documents

Please read our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for detailed coverage information about your insurance policy. The Premium, Excess and Discounts Guide (PED) provides further details on how we calculate your premium, excess levels and discounts. The Key Fact Sheets (KFS) provides a summary of coverage and should be read together with the PDS for a full understanding of policy coverage and limits. To learn more about these documents and when they apply, please see our policy booklets page

Download the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and policy booklet

Download the Premium Excess and Discount Guide (PED)

Download the Building Insurance Key Facts Sheet (KFS)

Download the Contents Insurance Key Facts Sheet (KFS)

Get a quote

Make a claim

Retrieve a quote

Why Choose NRMA Insurance?

  • With the Loyalty Discount, the more eligible policies you have and the longer you stay with us, the more you can save
  • Lifetime guarantee for authorised repairs
  • Flexible excess levels to help reduce your premium
  • Fast, paperless claims and 24/7 Helpline
  • Experience – we’ve been insuring Australians for over 90 years
  • No Claim Bonus - receive up to 25% No Claim Bonus if you have a good claims history

Find out about flood cover

Flooding can cause major damage to your home and contents, see more about how we cover your home

 Frequently Asked Questions

NSW Emergency Services Levy (ESL)

The NSW Government announced it's delaying changes to the ESL. With changes now on hold, we've reintroduced ESL on insurance policies.

Learn more