Home Contents Insurance
Cover for your contents
Home Contents Insurance provides new for old replacement of your household contents and personal belongings. Even, if you leave a window or door unlocked in your home, we've got you covered.
- Furniture, furnishings, carpets and rugs
- Electrical items
- Home theatre equipment
- Clothes and shoes
- Bedding, towels and other manchester
- Toys and sporting equipment
- Handyman tools
- Gardening equipment
Calculate the current value of your contents
You can add options to your policy to increase your Home Contents Insurance cover.
- Portable Contents cover for items you take when you leave your home, e.g. jewellery, a laptop or luggage
- Fusion - burn out of electric motors that are part of your General Contents, e.g. the motor in your fridge - includes service call, parts and labour costs
- Accidental Damage to your contents
- Pet lover's pack covers up to $2,000 for vet costs if your cat or dog gets hurt in an accident
Home Plus, our highest level of cover
NRMA Home Plus Insurance provides all the features and benefits of our Home Contents Insurance, with additional cover to give you peace of mind.
Home Plus offers the following cover:
- Up to 25% safety net on top of the general contents sum insured for extra costs to replace your contents if you need it
- Automatic cover for accidental damage and burn out of electric motors (fusion)
- Identity theft up to $5,000
- Credit card theft up to $5,000
- Temporary accommodation for up to 2 years
To choose Home Plus simply complete a standard Home Insurance quote and then select the 'Upgrade to Plus cover' option.
Please read our Home Key Facts Sheets (KFSs) which set out some of the events/risks covered and not covered by our home policies and other information you should consider. These sheets do not provide a complete statement of the cover offered, exclusions, conditions and limits that apply under the policies. You should carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and all policy documentation for more details.
Why choose NRMA Insurance?
- New for old replacement on contents insured
- Flexible excess levels to help reduce your premium
- Fast, paperless claims and 24/7 Helpline
- Experience – we've been insuring Australians for over 90 years
- With the Loyalty Discount, the more eligible policies you have and the longer you stay with us, the more you can save
- No Claim Bonus - receive up to 25% No Claim Bonus if you have a good claims history
Flooding can cause major damage to your home and contents, see more about how we cover your home
From 1 July 2017, the Emergency Services Levy will no longer be part of insurance premiums for properties based in NSW. Find out more