Involved in a collision that wasn't your fault?
If so, we may be able to provide you with a hire car and manage your repairs at no cost to you.
To get you back on the road, choose from the following that best describes your situation.
Provided your car is insured with an NRMA Comprehensive Insurance policy, we agree you weren't at fault in a collision with another vehicle, and you can give us the name and address of the at fault driver, then:
- We'll arrange a hire car for you if you need one
- If you use our Partner Repairer, we can manage the repairs for you
- There will be no impact to your No Claim Bonus discount
- You won't need to pay an excess on your claim.
All you need to do is start a claim and we'll do the rest for you.
To find out more about claiming, visit our Car Insurance claims page.
In this scenario, you wouldn't be eligible for this cover. Although, we can still arrange a hire car for you at our discounted rates if you need one.
If you already have the hire car option on your policy, we'll organise a hire car for you in line with your policy coverage.
You can start a claim to find out if making a claim will impact your No Claim Bonus and to confirm your policy's hire car coverage.
With your hire car option on your policy, we provide you with a hire car regardless of who was at fault in any incident we cover. This includes incidents, such as hail damage and collision with an animal, where there's no other party involved.
The not at fault hire car cover is available to all our Comprehensive policy customers, whether they have the hire car policy option or not. We offer this when you're not at fault in a collision with another vehicle and you can provide us with the at fault driver's details.
I have Third Party Property Damage or Third Party Fire and Theft Insurance. Why am I not eligible for this cover?
This benefit only applies to customers with a Comprehensive Car Insurance policy.
You can still make a claim on the at fault driver's vehicle insurance and ask their insurer if they can provide you with a hire car.
We'll do our best to arrange a car that meets your needs. Please discuss your requirements with us and we'll try our best to accommodate them.
We'll organise a hire car for you for the duration of your car's repairs or until we settle your claim as a total loss.
Provided you were involved in a collision with a vehicle that's insured by NRMA Insurance and you weren't at fault, then:
- We may be able to provide you with a hire car for the duration of your car's repairs
- We can organise the smash repairs for you with one of our Partner Repairers.
Simply give us a call and we'll do the rest for you.
We have a network made up of close to 400 Partner Repairers across Australia, chosen based on skill, customer service, industry experience, facilities and quality of workmanship. We continually monitor their service to ensure all our customers get the highest standards of quality, safety and service.
The benefits to you, include:
- Genuine parts: Our repairers use genuine manufactured parts, with some exceptions, such as radiators and glass
- Lifetime guarantee: By using one of our Partner Repairers, you'll have a lifetime guarantee for the workmanship of all authorised repairs, for as long as you own the car
- Speedy return of your car: On average, driveable cars will be repaired in less than a week of going in for repairs.
We'll do our best to arrange a car that meets your needs. Simply call us on 1300 763 324 to discuss your requirements with us and we'll try our best to accommodate them.
We'll organise a hire car for you, for the duration of your car's repairs or until we settle your claim as a total loss.
To make a claim for another incident type, please visit our Car Insurance claims page.