Home Buildings Insurance
Cover for your buildings
Home Buildings Insurance covers your home as well as other structures on your property such as garages, sheds, fences and in-ground pools. For example, if your home was damaged by fire or storm, your building policy would cover the cost to rebuild or repair. Then once the repairs are done, we also have a lifetime guarantee for any authorised repair work on your home.
- Water and oil leaks
- Theft or attempted theft
- Vandalism or a malicious act
*Damage caused by the sea is not covered (except tsunamis as a result of earthquake). If your property has been identified by NRMA Insurance as prone to flooding, you can choose to remove flood cover from your policy to reduce your premium.
Calculate the current cost to rebuild your home
You can add options to your policy to increase your Home Buildings Insurance cover.
- Fusion - burn out of electric motors that are part of your home, e.g. ducted air conditioning - includes service call, parts and labour costs
- Accidental Damage to your home
- Pet lover's pack covers up to $2,000 for vet costs if your cat or dog gets hurt in an accident
Home Plus, our highest level of cover
NRMA Home Plus Insurance provides all the features and benefits of our standard Home Buildings Insurance, with additional cover to give you peace of mind.
Home Plus offers the following cover:
- Up to 25% safety net on top of the buildings sum insured for extra costs to rebuild your home if you need it
- Automatic cover for accidental damage and burn out of electric motors (fusion)
- Plants, trees and shrubs up to $2,000
- Temporary accommodation for up to 2 years
To choose Home Plus simply complete a standard Home Insurance quote and then select the 'Upgrade to Plus cover' option.
Please read our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for detailed coverage information about your insurance policy. The Premium, Excess and Discounts Guide (PED) provides further details on how we calculate your premium, excess levels and discounts. The Key Fact Sheets (KFS) provide a summary of coverage and should be read together with the PDS for a full understanding of policy coverage and limits. To learn more about these documents and when they apply, please see our policy booklets page
Why Choose NRMA Insurance?
- With the Loyalty Discount, the more eligible policies you have and the longer you stay with us, the more you can save
- Lifetime guarantee for authorised repairs
- Flexible excess levels to help reduce your premium
- Fast, paperless claims and 24/7 Helpline
- Experience – we’ve been insuring Australians for over 90 years
- No Claim Bonus - receive up to 25% No Claim Bonus if you have a good claims history
Flooding can cause major damage to your home and contents, see more about how we cover your home
From 1 July 2017, the Emergency Services Levy will no longer be part of insurance premiums for properties based in NSW. Find out more